Possible libc problems..

Just under a week ago my Sparc IPX (potato) started showing some very bad
behaviour. First thing to happen was `ntpdate' just hanging. I eventually
traced that to libpthread from libc6. Now `getty' does nothing but time
out during an attempted login and ssh connections to the machine also
hang. Interestingly enough, when I boot into maintenance mode (runlevel s)
I can log in on the console and start ssh, then ssh into the machine.

I'm currently wiping the drive and reinstalling from my Potato mirror. If
the problems recur I'll strike libc6 and a couple other things from my
mirror and fetch those from debian.midco.net, and if it still doesn't work
I'll recompile libc6.

I do hope the machine isn't dying on me. Since I bought it used I consider
it to be more than a remote possibility.

-- Ferret no baka