Re: Current problems with libc6_2.1.1-2

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 06:43:44PM +0530, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> I can't put in  the 2.2.7 kernel now, as tar complains of chown problems.

Boot using the one of the 2.2.1 resc1440 disks from slink and copy over
the 2.2.1 kernel. You should be able to boot using that and be ok. If you
experience the failure of init, then boot by passing the init=/bin/bash
argument to SILO and follow the instructions I posted just a few minutes
ago to another person with similar problems.

> I was thinking of running the preinst/postinst scripts myself, if libc6
> 2.2.1-3 is OK.  In what order do I run libc 2.2.1-2 postrm / 2.2.1-3
> preinst?

glibc 2.1+ in potato is going to require a 2.2 kernel so this wont help.
To be honest I am not sure how you passed the preinst phase since it
should fail to even unpack the glibc 2.1.1. I'll look into why that
happened.