Re: more does not work...

Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Tue, 4 May 1999, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
>
> > It seems more wants to execute the environment, it does some really
> > strange things, then gets a segfault... here is the output:
>
> Got it... while compiling it complained about some incompatible pointer
> types with tcsetattr and tcgetattr, and I found the following in the
> source:
> #if defined linux && defined sparc
> # include <termio.h>   /* sparclinux termios is broken (as of 2.0.33) !!! */
> # undef TCGETS         /* -> revert back to termio */
> # undef TCSETSF
> # define TCGETS TCGETA
> # define TCSETSF TCSETAF
> # define termios termio
> #else
> # include <termios.h>
> #endif
>
> This seems to break more completely... this patch is added by the debian
> diff.gz, and should be removed.

I wrote this patch to allow correct keyboard behavior with more.
Without it, input keys were buffered by 4 (you need to type 4 keys before
"more" process them).
Are you sure this problem is fixed now ?
Which kernel do you use ?
If only broken on 2.0 kernels, could we have to keep backward compatibility for
potato or not ?

Regards.