Re: 24bits and colors

I had to look no further than the two characters "GX"... you
have a CG6, which is accerelated 8-bit framebuffer, not capable
of doing 24-bit graphics.

Finding a 24-bit framebuffer that'll work with Linux and
Solaris would be a chore.  I personally also have a CG6,
though a Turbo GX, which is a bit faster (I've not done
any benchmarks).  I also have a CG3 (slow 8-bit which is
sitting around collecting dust because it was too slow).

My advice?  Live with it (still a decent framebuffer), and
run netscape with the "-install" command-line option to give
it it's own colormap...