Re: making egcs the primary compiler for sparc architecture?

> > subject says all; I see that sparc uses glib-2.1 and kernel-2.2.1, so
> > this should not be a problem. Is there some other reason not make egcs
> > the primary compiler for sparc?
> >
> > Thanks, the Debian EGCS maintainers.
>
> None that I know of.

In the 2.2.5 announcement Linus mentions that it is suspected that
there are some problems with compiling the kernel with egcs:

http://lwn.net/daily/2.2.5.html

But using gcc-2.7.2.3 for the rest of eternity is probably not the best
way of dealing with it ...