slink installs on sparc1+, but

I have a sparc I had just installed slink on very nicely....
but the thing I am having problem with is it still wants to boot up SunOS...
I thought linux wrote over that when I partitioned the drive...
but it seems like the slink is on drive 2 and not on drive 1...

I have tried what I can think of and I may have overlooked something...
I want to use both drives for my linux, so I don't really need to keep the
sunOS as it is setup for the old place the sparc1+ came from...
can anyone tell me how to rid the sunOS to put linux to use both drives....
drive 1 is a 1.02 gig and drive 2 is a 1.5 gig

Thanks
Harold