Re: glibc 2.1 is now on master in my homedir

On Fri, Mar 26, 1999 at 04:16:03PM +0100, Jonas Majauskas wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > http://master.debian.org/~bcollins/glibc
> >
> > diffs are there aswell.
> >
> > Please test this, it works fine for me. I would also like someone who
> > has access to a sparc RedHat box to compile something with this libc
> > and see if it runs fine on that box.
>

> 	Well, after "dpkg -i" everything was ok. But after two minutes I
> had X "freeze".
>
> 	"Stop-A" "sync" "boot".
> 	<booting>
> 	After it says "init 2.76", it goes to sleep forever :(.
>
> 	When I use "SILO: linux init=/bin/bash", it gives me shell and all
> programs are running nicely.

Ok confirmed this after a quick reboot. Recompiling init didn't help,
so I went back an fixed up the lchown implementation that I had to the
original one. Not sure why it only affected init.

Anyway I want to point out that this version may only work well with
kernel 2.2/2.1, I have not tested it with 2.0.x. IMO we should
completely use 2.2 in potato anyway.

Please test the latest one in my homedir again. Sorry for not changing
the version number, but I am actually going to wait until Joel put's
the final patch into the next version before I upload to incoming.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation