Re: which format label

It says on my sparc man:

By default, fdformat formats a high density diskette with a capability of
1.44 megabytes.
Use a the -d option to put MS-DOS file system on the diskette after format
is done. Otherwise the , the Sun-3/80 and Desktop SPARC systems version of
fdformat writes a SunOS label on the diskette in logical block 0 after it
has been formatted. The label is required on Sun-3/80 and desktop SPARC
systems if you intend to put a unix file system on the Floppy diskette.

To format diskettes for under MS-DOS, use the MS-DOS FORMAT command in a dos
window.

FORMAT:

     -b  Put a MS-DOS label on the disk after formatting it, This option is
meaningful when -d is also set.

     -d  Install a MS-DOS file system and boot sector on the disk after
formatting. This is equivalent to the MS-DOS FORMAT command.

     -e  Eject the disk when done.

     -f  force. Do not ask for confirmation before starting format.

     -l  format a low density (720) diskette.

     -v  Verify the floppy diskette after formatting.

NOTES:
     A diskette formatted using the -d option won't have the necessary
system files, and is therefore not bootable. Trying to boot from it on a PC
will result in the following message:

                  Non-System disk or disk error
                  Replace and strike any key when ready

this is why I ask the question, I just want to know how to approach this so
I have no problems....

Harold