Kernel Stalls.

I have a a Sparc IPX I am attempting to install debian on.
Unfortunatly, after the kernel does the "freeing unused kernel
memory, it dies.  All the kernels I have tried have been 2.2.35.  I
could not get the 2.2.1 boot disk to work, in SILO, it claimed it
could not access block 65, and threw me back to the "boot:" prompt.
I tried this on several disks all having the same problem.
I read earlier postings about similar stalls, but it was on a totaly
different machine...  If anyone could shed any light on this, it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Ryan Zenker