Re: OTS: Need Help: Solaris + Sparc + Network Install + Linux

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Dragon wrote:

> > 	On my Linux server (P100, Debian 2.1, Linux 2.0.35), I have
> > enabled rarp in the kernel and preloaded the rarp and arp kernel caches. I
>
> <BIG snip>
>
> Did you try 2.2.x and Linux's 'Emulate Sun NFS server' option? At least
> just to jumpstart the 2.6 box?

	No, I have not. I assume that the "Linux's Emulate Sun NFS server"
is an option only found under 2.2.x, right? Also, at least under 2.0.x,
the NFS server a user land process, and if it is, how would a linux kernel
option affect is operation? Has the nfs-server been rolled into the kernel
in 2.2.x, or is that option for the nfs server? If the latter, I just
looked at the man pages for mountd and nfsd for nfs-server 2.2beta37-1,
and saw no such option.
	Sorry for all the questions, but I want to understand your
suggestion. Thanks for the "very" quick response! :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |