Re: netscape

Daniel Urbach wrote:
[..]
> I used ftp.netscape.com, you have to go several levels deep to find a
> sparc version, it is unsuported BTW and I have found it only runs on the
> 2.0.35 kernel  the 2.1 and 2.2 kernels give me a lot of rumbling and
> grumbling on the hard drive like it is going to start...then it comes
> back with "bus error "

The packaged version in potato works for me running on Linux 2.2.1 SMP
kernel with reacent sparc patches from kernel.org (on a SparcServer
670 MP with one CPU, and on a SparcServer 630 MP with 4 CPUs).

Note that the debian wraper uses a preload library when running netscape:
  LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1 $netscape "$@"

Hope this helps..

/Stefan Björnelund,  stefanb@update.uu.se