Re: success with 990301 (was Re: new bootdisks to test)

Steve> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>> In message <[🔎] 199903042357.AAA03690@jazz.pontchartrain.fr> you wrote:
>> >Steve Dunham wrote: >> I also can't get anything to boot on an
>> Ultra1 (neither floppies that >> I make nor the UltraPenguin
>> floppies).  I've heard reports to the >> contrary on this list, but
>> I don't think they were using Eric's >> floppies.  (Eric you have
>> to do "silo -u" to make Ultra floppies - >> given my experience
>> with floppies, I'm not sure if it's worth the >> trouble to fix
>> it.)  > >Argh :( I'm afraid it's too late for slink now to change
>> anything >but the doc in bootdisks.

Steve> Not too big of a deal.  I've never gotten a correctly made
Steve> floppy to boot on the Ultra1's here (even the floppies from the
Steve> UltraPenguin distribution).

>> Ok, putting it in my todo queue.

Done.  See http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/ for updated
documentation.

I think I'm going to add a note that Sun4u's are generally bleeding on
the edge ... :)