Sun4u network installation report

I was able to install Debian on my Sun4u using TFTP and NFS installation
throughout (floppyless, CD-less).  Worked like a charm for the most part.

I encountered some problems already reported here: serial ports -- Is
this a Linux 2.2 thing or a but in setserial or something?  Problems
with swap but once I had my base system installed, it was fine.  The
loop error when NFS installing.

Booting into my system was a bit difficult; I skipped the 'make system
bootable' step, figuring I could boot into the system using OpenPROM
(I have solaris installed on this box as well).  However, I couldn't
boot from /dev/hda4 from OpenPROM using 'boot disk0:d', which I would
expect to work.  Any gotcha here I'm missing?

I did ask the installation system to create a custom boot floppy but
that failed with no nice message at all.  I did manage to boot but
only via TFTP 'boot net root=/dev/hda4'; I was pleased when that
worked (*hugs OpenPROM*).

When I booted up I found the system to be in an unusual state -- man
wasn't installed.  Is that normal?  A bit of installation with apt and
we're up and running.