Re: Serial Configuration

Here's the latest update on the serial port.  I have the modem working
fine at 9600 baud.  Unfortunately, at 14400 baud the kernel reports
kernel: ttyS0: 5 input overrun(s).  I have tried playing with setserial,
but setserial doesn't seem to recognize the zilog 8530 ports.  However, I
seem to be able to set the baud_base, and the other parameters with
setserial.

Setting the baud_base to 14400 or 38400 makes no difference in preventing
overruns.  I have also set the spd_normal flag.  Also, hardware or
software flow control seem to have little effect.  I believe I have set
the prom to 38400 also.

I did have the machine running at 14400 baud with SunOS before I installed
SparcLinux, so I know the machine is capable.

What could I be doing wrong here?  What is the proper way to configure the
Sparc serial ports?  Any help here would be great appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jake Griesbach
University of Colorado