Re: 'console-tools' cannot find console

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 ferret@phonewave.net wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Ben Collins wrote:

> > > Would it matter that my console is on ttya?
> >
> > No, because mine isn't, yet I have the same problem.
>
> Actually, I think I had the same problem before installing console-tools
> (which the UTF-8 support needs)

I did an xtrace on console-tools' postint, and it looks like the offender
is actually debconf in this case.

::++ exec /usr/share/debconf/frontend ./console-tools.postinst configure
::Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

Although... I just switched my development lintel to serial console and I
sometimes get the same error under other circumstances. I'm still working
on that one.

-- Ferret no baka