Re: xmodmap questions

Hello,

A few days ago I had a strange (and strong) noise in my SCSI hard disc and
after a forced reboot fsck run automatically and gave me the following
msg:

fcsk.ext2: Attept to read block from filesystem resulted
	in short read while trying to open /dev/sda1
Could this be a zero-length particion?
fsck failed. Please repair manually

I then tried to run fsck on /dev/sda1 and got:

scasi0: MEDIUM ERROR on channel 0, id 1, lun 0,
	CDB: Request Sense 00 00 00 10 00
Current error sd08:01: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Unrecovered read Error
scsi disk I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 2, absolute sector 2
fcsk.ext2: Attept to read block from filesystem resulted
        in short read while trying to open /dev/sda1
Could this be a zero-length particion?

Is there anything I could do to recover my partition w/o inizialize it
again? Are my data gone or could I do something to recover them?

Thanks a lot for any help or advices,
Angel

 Angel Martin Alganza             Tel: +34 958 248 926
 Departamento de Genetica         Fax: +34 958 244 073
 Universidad de Granada
 C/ Fuentenueva s/n            mailto:ama@ugr.es
 E-18071 Granada - Spain       http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
  Unexpected attachments larger than 50Kb > /dev/null