slink and potato

I'm running slink on a SPARCstation LX and trying to install some potato
packages on it. Some work but many can't be installed, dpkg outputs a
message saying "install-info: failed to lock dir for editing! No such
file or directory"
"dpkg: warning: old pre-removal script returned error exit
status 2"
"dpkg - trying script from the new package instead"
..then the same happens for these script and dpkg quits

Invoking dpkg with the debug flags set to 2000 doesn't give any additional
information

Is there any possibility to get this packages running or can I somehow
find out what directories or files have to be there?
thx

--
Daniel Alvarez Arribas <d-alvarez@gmx.de>

Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net