RE: halt & reboot: segfaulting

> I'm running "Slink" on an SLC with 16 megs RAM. The machine boots via tftp and
> gets its filesystems via NFS from a server running Sun Solaris 2.6
> Everything is is fine, but a few days ago I noticed that "reboot" and "halt"
> won't work. If I run a system on a hard disk, everything is fine.

 Your problem may be similar to mine.
 Yesterday, I installed a RARP-TFTP-NFSROOT Sparc under Linux with standard
local disk init scripts and I noticed the system shutdown was stopped by
the early shutdown of eth0.
 I think I have to change the rc?.d/K* order the shutdown eth0 later, but I
haven't
tested it yet.