Re: Unidentified subject!

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 05:56:09AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > Boot device: /sbus/SUNW, fdtwo  File and args:
> > Track 0 reported when on track 2.
> > Evaluating: boot floppy
> >
> > Can't open boot device.
>
> Weird. I used these images with no problems. Are you able to try the tftp
> image?

I have the same problem here, on a "non-sun" sparc5.
(RDI powerlite laptop)
It seems to be a hardware problem, I never understand if it was because of a non-standard floppy drive or controler.

I heard that someone in Redhat team tried to resolve the problem, but it
was 2 years ago and I lost his name. Anyway, the problem still exists
so I guess he didn't find a solution.

I suppose the only solution is to use a bootable cdrom, or rarp for new install.

regards,
max

--
Le paradis c'est rempli de gens qui pendant l'éternité entière, vont se
raconter des souvenirs de leurs vies. L'enfer c'est pareil...