Re: Install via NFS

Alain & Estelle BARBET wrote:
> Hello all ! Thank to take some times to answer my question !
>
> I try to install Debian Sparc Linux on  a Sparc 4. It has no floppy
> disk.
> I have a PC with Suse so I install arp (Ok the sparc boot fine with boot
> net)
> Then I try to install the base kernel via nfs. I configure first the
> network and success to ping the sparc.
> but when I try to connect my share nfs disk I see nfs.o : not found. I
> see the kernel can't load fs/nfs.o and see there no files nfs.o.
> How do ?
> Thks,
> Alain BARBET

 From what I remember, you can safely ignore this message.  dbootstrap is
issuing a "modprobe nfs" command just to be sure the module is loaded if not
already done (at least on intel).  Sparc kernel is compiled (2.0.35 should be,
don't remember anything about latest 2.2.X, sorry) with full NFS support
therefore there is no need to load such module.  I agree I need to find a
method to avoid emiting the modprobe command when it is not required (maybe
looking in /proc/filesystems for an nfs entry ?).

If dbootstrap can't locate the base tarball, the trouble could be somewhere
else.
btw, did you succeed in installing the base system ?

Hope this helps you.