Re: adding a modem to a sparc2 questions

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 11:15:02AM -0700, Karan Bhatia wrote:
> I connect the modem to the A serial port on the back, and when i try to
> use pppd, it just hangs, ie it is waiting for something and not getting a
> response.

How are you running pppd? If you aren't familiar with setting up chat/pppd
(and even if you are, but don't like the hassle like me :) then install
and run pppconfig. After which you can use the `pon' and `poff' commands
to take you ppp connection up and down.

NOTE: cu* devices are obsolete under Linux

Ben