Re: Slink install on a sparcstation 2 (floppy)

Anthony Le Mansec wrote:

> I'd like to install a debian 2.1 on a sparcstation 2, but the floppy i
> generate under linux (i386) isn't recognised as a sun disklabel...
> What can i do to generate a correct boot disk for this machine ?

As long as the boot (rescue) floppy was generated with a straight write action
(eg rawrite or the equivalent), the only problem you'll have is if the floppy is
defective or, as happened on my SS2, the machine simply doesn't like the resc1440
image for the 2.2 kernel.  Try rawriting (or equivalent) to the floppy using the
old 2.0.35-based resc1440.bin and see if that doesn't work for you.

Michael Evans
mevans@productionlabs.com