Re: serial port and external modem

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't work on our Sparc 5. I'm
using minicom to communicate with the modem, when I hook it up
to intel box running Slink I get the familiar OK prompt.
On the Sparc when I hook it up to port "A" and choose any of the
/dev/ttyS0 to /dev/ttyS3 and sent the modem initialization string I see
some of the light blinking on the modem but I don't get an OK prompt.
Port "B" seems to be dead, not responses from the modem.

The funny thing is that for all the ttyS* I get the same behaviour and
that doesn't sound right.

Any clue's?

Lolke Bijlsma
lbijlsma@enteract.com