Re: apt ftp method dying after upgrade

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Mike wrote:
>
> > It was Working Okay Before(tm) and network connectivity is also fine. I
> > can ftp to the target mirror okay from the command line and as ususal,
> > everything else appears to be working fine.
>
> Try strace -o /tmp/jnk -ff apt-get fooo
>
> And see where the ftp method is blowing up (/tmp/jnk.?? will contain the
> trace) if it is a segv then gdb it please..

Bear with me here, I haven't done much C/Linux debugging before, but
this looks like the problem:

[snip]
ioctl(1, TCGETS, {B9600 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = 0
close(-1)                               = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)
close(-1)                               = -1 EBADF (Bad file descriptor)

I don't have gdb handy, but I'll get it and have a futher look if you
think it would help.

Michael.

--
? Michael Gratton - mike@vee.net
! "So, what's the deal with Auntie Gerschwitz et all?"