Re: Uploaded postgresql 6.4.2-9 (source i386 all) to chiark

Christopher C Chimelis wrote [re postgresql]:
  >Speaking of which...I've been working on the Alpha port and have been
  >wrestling with 6.4.2 and the 6.5beta1 for awhile now.  I finally got it to
  >compile and run (using bare upstream source), but using the patched
  >source package (directly from master), psql bombs with a palloc error.
  >
  >I was curious as to what is in the future of the package?  Do you intend
  >on patching 6.5 with the same set of patches that accompany 6.4.2?

In part, only.

  >If that's the case, I guess I'll have to work with you on what the problem
  >might be with the Alpha.  Egcs is one of our evils (postgresql showcases
  >an optimiser bug in egcs and must be compiled totally without optimisation
  >in order to work...spinlock code, fyi), but I can't track the rest down.
  >Even gdb isn't helping :-(
  >
  >If you can (and have time), can you send me an explanation of what you
  >patched so that I can begin tracking down the change that causes the error
  >that we're encountering?  Thanks!

The source diff file should show all of that.  Most of the changes are to
Makefiles and pathnames.

                    =============================

To all porters:

I have put together a preliminary release of 6.5 (beta2) and the source
for it can be obtained from http://www.lfix.co.uk/postgresql.  Could you
please try to build that and send me any diffs you may need to make.

If you are really fast, there is a small chance of getting fixes into the
new upstream release, which is due tomorrow if no-one finds any other
show-stopping bugs.

The main place to look for port-specific stuff is now src/config*.

NB: I am NOT subscribed to any of the debian-<port> lists; please cc me.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Fear not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed,