where to put font path in X

Hi

I'm using Debian Sparc 2.1 on Sun IPC, I added font in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts directory as  same as i386 version. On i386, I
add font path to XF86Config and it works fine. On Sun box, there is no
XF86Config, so I tried to create one. But it looks like XSun does not
use this file at all. So I tried to add to xfs config file. Result is
the same. When I run xset -q it still shows only default font path. I
can added font path with xset +fp, but it's annoying to run those every
time.

Any suggestion.

Chanop