Re: pseudo tty & ssh

Kumsup Lee <klee@ima.umn.edu> writes:

> Yes, I had same problem.  I disable the UNIX98 ptys support in the
> 2.2.9 kernel.  Now, it is working as it should be.  Is there any
> better way to fix this problem ?

If you have UNIX98 pty support in the kernel and /dev/ptmx exists,
then you must mount the "devpts" filesystem on /dev/pts, and /dev/ptmx
must have 0666 permissions.  (World writable.)

This is done by /etc/init.d/devpts.sh, but it might be missing from
older revisions of the Debian glibc package.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu