Re: Booting from CD Error Message

 guess the question I was asking was more of a trouble shooting one.  I have a used SPARC Station 1+ with an external SCSI NEC 3x used CD-ROM drive, no floppy, and no bootable OS on the 200MB internal drive.  I am trying to figure out how to get ANY OS on the thing and I can't get access to ethernet or any other LAN.  Soooo...  The RedHat CD said it could boot from the boot PROM.  I would rather install Debian, but at the moment RedHat 5.2 was what I had.

So the question is, does the error message "bad magic number" mean the CD is probably bad and I should just get another, or might it be that the drive or Goddess forbid the SPARC is bad?  Any ideas.  Thank you so much.