kernel 2.2.9, slink and Sparc

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile kernel 2.2.9 on a Sparc at the moment an keep my
fingers crossed... :-)
While reading the Installation Manual for Debian Linux for Sparc, I
stumbled over the following:

"Debian 2.1 is not certified for use with the Linux 2.2 kernel. However, if
 you are willing to download some packages from
 ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/, you should be able to have a
 functioning system. "

What does "some packages" mean here? What packages do I need?
I'm also very thankful for further references regarding this topic. :-)

Thanks in advance! :-)

--
cya
	ANDI