glibc 2.1.1 status

Just so everyone knows...I am bringing my sun4m home so that I can test
and debug this glibc 2.1.1 problem further. In the mean time I am going to
upload glibc 2.1.1-5 with a preinst script that _will_ fail in sun4m and
non kernel 2.2 systems.

For the interested, I don't see any vfork() calls in init, so I'm not so
sure this is the problem. I am starting to think that there is a missing
signal (or an errant one). Give me some time (or if you are impatient, try
some debugging on your own and share your results).

For all of you bitten by this mishap I appologize, please email me
privately if you need assistance getting your system back up.

Ben