keyboard scrambled with kernel-image 2.2.7 cvs-19990507

Hello Steve,

  I downloaded your latest kernel images but it seems the keyboard is
completely scrambled until a new keymap is loaded.  It's quite annoying for
boot-floppies to work because I cannot reach the keyboard selection item :-((

Are you sure you have compiled the right default keymap in the kernel ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: reverting back to 2.2.1 works.
PPS: test platform: SparcClassic, 200MB HD, 24MB RAM, Sun Type5 qwerty kbd.