Re: glibc....

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 12:51:00PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Also, xia01 (the Ultra donated graciously by Kachina Tech) has been
> > upgraded to potato, and kernel 2.2.7, so we will start up the buildd
> > again and catch up on some potato compiles and make failed build logs
> > available to everyone.
>
> Sorry to pester again, but does xia01 enable us to add our machines to
> the as a buildd to the xia01 wanna-build database?

No, xia01 is just a buildd server, the main wanna-build server is where
otehr systems, plus developers can interface with the packages that need
building. Let me get this setup first before I start figuring out how to
expand on it.

> In unrelated issues, we're still lagging on potato egcs/g++, right?

No, egcs 1.1.2 was uploaded and installed last week, it was used to
compile the the glibc 2.1.1 in Incoming. The main compiler (the gcc
package) is now egcc 1.1.2. So as far as the dev environment, we are equal
(if not superior as far as backward and cross-dist compatibility) to the
other archs.