Re: problems installing sparccenter 2000

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Gergely Madarasz wrote:

> I've been trying to install a sparccenter 2000 here (sun4d), booting thru
> tftp. The default tftpboot.img didnt even start, it said something about
> invalid instruction, the tftpboot-2.2.1.img started, detected all the 4
> cpu's, got to detecting the serial controller, and hung there, it didnt
> react even to stop-a. Any ideas ?

Replying to myself rules :)
I managed to cross-compile a kernel, somehow even managed to build a tftp
boot image (piggyback depends on being run on a big endian machine), and
even installed the system. Then I had a kernel crash, and e2fsck said bus
error. Now trying to compile a kernel with 2.7.2.3 (the previous was with
egcs 1.1.2)

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/