Re: X 2nd

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Nick Panienski wrote:

> I will first read the /usr/doc/xfree86-common before bothering again
> but in dselect there is only one package when I /xf*, and this is the
> installed one (xfree86-common) ... strange ... dselect tells me that
> there is a recommended min setting with e.g. xfonts-base or
> xf86setup ... but they are not listet in dselect ...

In short, you'll need at least the xserver-xsun package, just like the
Intel folks need their xserver-svga or equivalent. You'll also need some
fonts: the 75dpi, 100dpi, and misc fonts are all available in your dselect
list, I'm sure.

And unless the bug has been fixed, you'll also have to make a symbolic
link from /dev/mouse -> /dev/sunmouse

--
Mike Renfro  / Instructor, Basic Engineering Program
931 372-3601 / renfro@tntech.edu