Re: No way out of blank screen

  I've never seen anything like that other than problems similar to that
like with powermanagement on PC's, which is the first thing i disable when
i see it enabled on a machine to correct a problem.  You may have a
problem with your framebuffer, but for the mean time you may want to
comment out in:

/etc/rc.d/rc.M

/bin/setterm -blank 15

That's the standard timeout time that I've seen on other distributions,
I've disabled this when I'd have machines that would hang and lock and I
couldn't 'turn on' the monitor to see the kernel panics or other errors to
diagnose the problem.  If you're worried about your screen possibly look
for a screensaver or turn the monitor off would probably work just as
well.

Regards,

Brian