Re: getting pppconfig to work right

I tried to use ppp on my Sparc 1+ and was fairly disappointed at the
performance.  Maybe you will want to reconsider using your Sparc box as a
ppp dialup box...  The serial code in the linux kernel is somewhat less
than ideal, since any baud rates greater than 9600 baud give plenty of
kernel serial input overrun errors (even more when the box has significant
load).  This is also due to the serial controllers on the Sparc 1+ being
fairly outdated.  (However, I didn't have any problem running SunOS 4.1.3
at 38400 baud rates.)  You may just try playing around with minicom some
before trying pppd just to see if you experience the same thing that I
did.

Good Luck,

Jake Griesbach