xdm

Sascha Strauß writes:
 > Hello!
 > I´ve got a problem with xdm and hope somebody can give me more
 > information about it.
 > After booting the system I get the "xdm-login-screen".
 > Then I write the login and  password but nothing is done.
 > It allways type "login-incorrect".
 > 1) How can find a solution?
 > 2) How can I cleanly uninstall xdm (without using dpkg)?

You may have the same problem I got before: the keyboard delay is too
short. As a result there is a vey high probability that you are not
typing the password right. It depends on how you type, of course. Try
to type it very carefully, especially keep your finger on the key as
short as possible. If this solve your problem then my guess is right.
In this case, you will need to change the keyboard delay. There is a
bug on the kbdrate tool (it works only on the pc keyboard). I don't
know if this has been fixed, but I have a sunkbdrate which does the
job.

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23