Re: utilizing keys (type 5 keyboard)

> On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 07:56:58PM -0500, Matthew Haas wrote:
>  > One last request-- I have a friend who has a SS-1+ ..apparently the
>  > battery is dead (the .enet-addr is ALL zeroes, and it doesn't remember
>  > settings after it's powered off).. any good sources for new batteries?
>
>  You must call SUN, and ask to sobstitute the eprom, which is gone.
>  All the SS1+ are going to loose the ethernet address right soon.
>  AFAIK, it happens on all sparcs.

It's not the eprom, it's the battery+sram chip (tall chip with barcode, you can't miss it). Anyway, Sun wants way too much money to replace them (unless you have service), you can get an eqivalent chip from any decent electronics supplier. Check out the Sun NVRAM faq at http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq for details.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87