Re: S/Linux pages could use more Debian information

Hi Adam,

> Jim, I found your S/Linux pages an invaluable resource while working
> on the Sparc/Debian installation manual
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/sparc/install> and
> installing Debian/Linux on my Sun4u.  However, as a committed Debian
> user and a believer that Debian is the communities own OS, I couldn't
> help sensing that the pages are a bit RedHat centric.  This is
> probably natural since RedHat/Sparc has been out longer than
> Debian/Sparc (released officially 9 Mar).

Indirectly this is the reason.  I have not been updating the pages in
the past 6 months very frequently. (cross atlantic move, and new job
has sucked up my time)  However it is relatively easy to convince me
of the need for more debian stuff given that I'm also a debian
developer :)

> But rather than simply complain, I'd like to offer my help.  General
> information about the Debian/slink distribution, which includes i386,
> m68k, alpha, and sparc support (including Sun4u support, albeit with a
> 32-bit userland) can be found at
> <URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/>.

I will at least make some links to these pages, and try to add some of
the information as well.  I have been working on a new version of the
sparc pages which is 75% there, but the last push has been eluding me.

> Shall I review the FAQ for likely changes?  How would you prefer to
> receive revisions?  Diffs against the HTML?

This would be very helpful.
http://www.geog.ubc.ca/s_linux/faq.txt is the raw version of the faq
(the format is mostly html, but with a couple of additions that are
preprocessed into an index and proper html, it should be fairly
self-explanitory)  Diffs to that are fine (or any other format really)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Mintha                                       Email: jim@ic.uva.nl
System Administrator                              Work: +31 20 525-4919