Re: Sun Sparc 5 Debian install failed

>>>>> "Paulo" == Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@cos.ufrj.br> writes:

Paulo> 	Hi all, after installing Debian in 2 Sparc 4 at school (before
Paulo> slink release when there only 5 disks), my friend let me
Paulo> install in a Sparc 5 of his dept.

Which version of the boot-floppies.

Paulo> 	Installed the network, base and cant configure device drivers
Paulo> modules (whiptail not found error message).

Hmm... too old version of boot-floppies?

Paulo>  When booting,
Paulo> after make linux bootable I get an illegal instruction
Paulo> message. :( I tried again and made a boot floppy, but it
Paulo> stopped in SI of SILO.  What I can do?  Thanks, Paulo Henrique

Try booting from the rescue disk and then running silo with it's
"chroot" command thingie (forget the switch, RTM).