Re: OTS: Need Help: Solaris + Sparc + Network Install + Linux

On 18 Mar, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

> hostname: talvath
> domainname: (none)
> Requesting Ethernet address for 127.0.0.1 = 7F000001
> No reply received.
> root server: 192.168.7.4
> root directory: /cdrom/Solaris_2.6/Tools/Boot
> RPC: Timed out.
> NFS read timed out. Retrying...

What's 'talvath's ethernet address?  Does the RARP server know that
address?  I've never bothered with RARP in Linux, but in Solaris the
information is in the '/etc/ethers' file or the 'ethers' NIS map/NIS+
table.  Something like

	8:0:20:76:e3:e9    talvath

You'll also need 'talvath's IP address in the RARP server's host file
or in DNS, and you'll also need the client and servers all on the same
subnet.

David S.
davids@bdgp.org