Re: OTS: Need Help: Solaris + Sparc + Network Install + Linux

> > <BIG snip>
> >
> > Did you try 2.2.x and Linux's 'Emulate Sun NFS server' option? At least
> > just to jumpstart the 2.6 box?
> >

> 	No, I have not. I assume that the "Linux's Emulate Sun NFS server"
> is an option only found under 2.2.x, right? Also, at least under 2.0.x,
> the NFS server a user land process, and if it is, how would a linux kernel
> option affect is operation? Has the nfs-server been rolled into the kernel
> in 2.2.x, or is that option for the nfs server? If the latter, I just
> looked at the man pages for mountd and nfsd for nfs-server 2.2beta37-1,
> and saw no such option.

As I understand it, 2.2.x bundles NFS, or at least parts,  into the
kernel, as opposed to being a userland (RPC) program, increasing the
much maligned Linux NFS efficiency. I could be mistaken, but 2.2.x should
/definitely/ be worth /trying/. :>

> 	Sorry for all the questions, but I want to understand your
> suggestion. Thanks for the "very" quick response! :)

Anytime. :>

-Kysh

--
-> 1988 Black Kawasaki EX500 ('Yarf!') <street>
-> FAA licensed private pilot