Re: newbie with sparc 1+

>>>>> "Harold" == Harold Hartley <haroldh@midmaine.com> writes:
Harold> I read these messages on here and see the names, slink, potato
Harold> and hamm I wonder which is the one I should be going with...
Harold> hey, I am so new to this its not funny...

Slink is the new stable, and recommended.  Hamm is now obsolete.  This
is all explained at <URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/>.

Harold> so as I have figured out is I get the bootdisk and put on
Harold> floppy, should get me started...thats what I understand...am I
Harold> right then I can download the other needed files after that...

Read the fine manual.