Re: booting at last!

>>>>> "edmundo" == edmundo  <edmundo@rano.demon.co.uk> writes:
edmundo> I solved it! It boots!  And I think the solution should go
edmundo> into the installation notes somewhere. Please consider adding
edmundo> something like this. (The crucial and new bit is the start of
edmundo> paragraph 2.)

Ok, I've trimmed it down quite a bit and added it to the installation
manual.

edmundo> Since I don't yet have a network connection, nor enough space
edmundo> on the other disc for putting a tar file of my complete
edmundo> system, I ended up using a rather strange partition table,
edmundo> with a one-cylinder unused partition covering cylinder 0,
edmundo> just to keep the stupid PROM happy:

Funny, you say above that it's ok to put a file system partition on
cylinder zero (and the silo documentation agrees).  But here you say
you had to put a non-partition to keep that cylinder blank.