Re: while installing, can't get swapon to work for sun4u

>> set to linux swap type, no flags, mkswap it, then run swapon --
>> again, "invalid argument".

Mark> This may be a red herring, but I used to see that all the time
Mark> with swap *files* on x86 2.0... because for some reason you had
Mark> to "sync" between the mkswap and swapon or the kernel would read
Mark> the disk block instead of the buffered block, or something like
Mark> that.  Couldn't hurt to try...

This is strange.  It works perfectly in linux now, now that I have the
base system installed.  So I don't think that's it.