Re: more kernel problems

    Daniel> Ok I have just installed the 2.2.1 kernel from incoming on
    Daniel> debian.org, I still have boot failure with the Same
    Daniel> warning esp0: warning live target 0 not responding.

That suggests that a SCSI device that was found probing the bus is no
longer responding.  Are you sure that the previous kernel worked?
What is at SCSI id 0?

Also, to answer your kernel compile quesion, the kernel-source-2.0.35
is x86 specific.  You need the the sparc kernel-patch package as well.
If you'd rather a 2.2 kernel and the debian package isn't doing what
you want, try building from the source at ftp.us.kernel.org.  You need
the kernel sourc & David Miller's patch, which lives in
/pub/linux/kerenl/davem from memory.

--
Stephen
---