Re: still not booting

> You can't have swap as the first partition on the disk.  The boot
> loader and the swap overwrite each other.

My first partition starts at 1, rather than 0, because fdisk warned me
about that problem. But I can't boot even if I run swapoff before
running silo before shutdown -h and attempted reboot ...

Edmund

(But I don't understand how the first partition being ext2fs would be
any better. Does an ext2 file system not use the first sectors? When I
ran mkfs.ext2 on a file it zeroed the first few sectors ...)