Re: php3 for sparc slink/potato

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 11:24:22PM +0100, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > Ok, I've been trying for a good while now, and I can't get php3 package to
> > compile on sparc, and I'm somewhat dumb founded by it. Has anyone else
> > attempted this and been succesful? I don't even mind just a kludge patch
> > so I can atleast get it into slink before we release.
>
> What exactly is the problem ? You need a hell of a lot of -dev packages,
> but I don't think there should be any architecture problems.

I've got all the -dev packages, the problem seems to be an
incompatibility with one of the maintainers patches and glibc 2.1. I can
compile the source pristine, but not with the diff. I'm going to patch one
file at a time and narrow it down, seems like something isn't getting
included.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation