Installing debian/sparc in a ultra 1

I've successfully installed the debian/sparc system in my ultra 1 (as a
matter of fact, I'm sending this message from it).  However, I was not
able to make X windows work for a normal user (it does work for root).
It exits with the error message "no screens found".  I think this is a
permission problem, but I have no idea where to look for it.  Does
anybody know a way out?  If you need more information please send me an
e-mail.  Some information regarding what I'm trying to do as normal

	- I'm trying to run X using xinit (I also tried Xsun, but it
didn't help)
	- The Xsun server is setuid to root,

		massey:/etc/X11# ls -l /usr/X11R6/bin/Xsun
		-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     root      2162736 Nov 19 08:41

I'm in the dark for the reason Xsun can't find a screen when running as
normal user, but is able to do so when running as root, even when it's

Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Hermano Cabral