Re: Good sparc system?

And thus spake Chris Hoover, on Sun, Jan 31, 1999 at 08:43:48PM -0500:
> I'd like to get a sparc based sun system to fiddle with, and was
> wondering what a good beginner system would be.  Preferably, I'd like to
> stay at or under $100 US.  I've seen several SLC's, IPX's, and some
> SparcStations for sale at ebay.com in my range.  Is one of these better
> than the rest, or should I look for something better.
>
> Also, if spending a little more money would dramatically increase the
> speed / upgradablility / over all value of the system, I'd consider it.
>
> Also, what would be a good price for the system?  Coming from the ix86
> realm, I don't know much about telling a good deal from a bad one.

For the most part, you can rely on any deals on eBay regarding sparc
hardware being bad. http://www.gstek.com/ has pretty good prices. As
long as you don't pay for shipping a monitor, it's not tough to stay
under 100$.

--
Kevin Doherty, kdoherty@jurai.net
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."